A FREE programme that offers many different pathways. It is person-centred and tailor-made for each individual, so length of time on the programme, content, and outcome is different for each individual. It’s been designed for dDeaf and disabled adults living in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire
Transcend aims to help those who want to develop current skills and gain new skills, explore their workforce* skills, and seek out new opportunities. You can join us for 7 hours or 12 weeks. Lots of different options to suit each individual.
(*training, volunteering, supported permitted work, paid employment, self employment).
Tailor-made around each participant, Transcend is person-centred and the ideal programme for those who:
- needs space and time to work out what they are good at, and what they can offer
- would like to build confidence and increase their self-esteem
- want to try something new, with a different approach to learning
- want to develop skills, but needs extra time to do so
- would benefit from extra time to process information and better understand themselves
- are keen to volunteer, gain new qualifications, or find paid employment / permitted work
- would like to find their place in society and local community
- requires support to understand others
- is unsure what career path to take
- would like to work out what reasonable adjustments they require and how they can work with employers to support them in the work place
- have recently become disabled and want to work out what is next
- have transferable skills but not sure which direction or job matches them
- would like to find their self-worth and have a positive outlook on life and work
Transcend is designed to be relevant to each individual.
Who is it for?
Transcend is for deaf and disabled people* who are:
- economically inactive
- over 16 years old
- have the right to live and work in the UK
- registered unemployed
- not currently doing another ESF course
- living in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire
* FRONTLINEdance defines a disability as any condition that makes it more difficult for a person to do certain activities or interact with the world around them. These conditions, or impairments, may be cognitive, developmental, intellectual, mental, physical, sensory, or a combination of multiple factors. We welcome those who self-identify as disabled.
If you are not sure that you qualify, or are non-disabled and think this programme is ideal for you, then please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
What can you expect?
You will take part in weekly workshops that use tried and tested methods, tailored and designed to support all individuals.
You’ll have the choice off attending in person or online. Dates and Times are to the right of this post. We are following strict Covid-19 guidance and will ask you to do the same. You will be one of 6 participants if attending in person. Or one of fifteen if taking part online.
Whilst equipping each individual with new and improved communication skills, awareness of self and others, the ability to express own, and understand other’s needs, you’ll also gain an excellent work ethic and understand different work place protocols.
You can also expect to learn methods of relaxation to help reduce and manage stress levels and anxiety. Tasks to help increase memory. Exercises to keep fit, mobile and healthy. Plus lots more besides!
Participants will explore methods to help discover what strengths, skills, and aspirations each has, as well as what job roles and career paths may suit them. FRONTLINEdance will then create bespoke learning plans with each learner and collectively set clear goals and monitor progress.
FRONTLINEdance will help you search for and sign post you towards opportunities that you are interested in.
Why take part?
- REALISE potential
- Be part of a a TEAM
- LEARN social and interpersonal skills
- ENHANCE problem-solving skills
- LEARN how to exercise judgement
- ADDRESS challenges
- GAIN transferable skills
- FEEL empowered
- INCREASE confidence
- GET the right mind set
- BREAK-DOWN preconceived barriers
- ENHANCE health and well-being via physical and creative activity,
- BE BETTER equipped with the knowledge and attitude needed
Who is delivering it?
Course Leader: Rachael Lines plus guest specialists
Support Workers: Matt Byatt and Suzanne Frohlick
For more information and to register your interest please call Rachael on: 07484 874335 or email email@example.com All Transcend participants will need to be fully registered before a place on the programme is offered.